By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Know the purpose of a QMS and the ISO 9001:2015
principles of quality management.
- Know the essential definitions to help learners interpret
and audit ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Analyze ISO 9001:2015 clauses and
suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these
- Know the roles and responsibilities of an
auditor and lead auditor.
- Plan and conduct an interview with
top management and evaluate an organization’s quality policy and objectives.
- Prepare an on-site audit plan that
establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an
- Know how to audit processes for conformance
and effectiveness, including any specific quality objectives.
- Prepare thoroughly for audit and
produce process-based checklists.
- Gather objective evidence through
observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- Know how to evaluate objective evidence and
correctly identify conformance and non- conformance with requirements.
- Report findings accurately against
requirements of ISO 9001:2015, write and grade non- conformity reports and
evaluate proposals for corrective action.
- Know how to relate your audit findings to the
policy and objectives of the organization and present your overall evaluation
to top management.